Aesthetic Exposed Classes can be found here
Ingredients Exposed (5 Hours) 5 CEs
- Recognize FDA regulations and terminology regarding cosmetic products.
- Identify common active ingredients and their functions.
- Understand basic product formulation including support ingredients.
- Apply knowledge of ingredients to deliver effective home care regimens for clients.
Esthetic Devices Exposed (5 Hours) 5 CEs
- Identify devices used in esthetics including Radio Frequency, LED, Ultrasound, Iontophoresis, and Microcurrent.
- Determine each devices indications and contraindications.
- Define the difference between professional and home use devices.
- Demonstrate treatment recommendations for various skin concerns.
Skin Conditions Exposed (5 Hours) 5 CEs
- Identify the characteristics of common skin conditions: acne, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, and aging.
- Describe underlying causes and triggers for each skin condition.
- Recognize common treatment recommendations for each skin condition.
- Design general home care protocols for each of the skin conditions.
Aging Skin Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Specify the differences between healthy skin and aging skin.
- Summarize basic cellular functions and how they affect the aging process.
- Explain the differences between Intrinsic and Extrinsic aging
- Identify various treatments and ingredients used to improve the appearance of aging skin.
Hyperpigmentation Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Summarize the melanogenesis process and how it affects the skin.
- Identify the various types of pigmentation and best practices to treat them.
- Recognize pigmented lesions to understand when to treat and when to refer.
- Describe ingredients commonly used for pigmentation and their functions.
Acne Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Identify the different grades and types of acne.
- Recognize the causes and triggers of acne breakouts.
- Describe the benefits of the ingredients that are commonly used for acne.
- Explain the importance of home care and a healthy lifestyle.
Rosacea, Eczema & Psoriasis Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Describe the differences between rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Recognize the causes and triggers of rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Review the differences between medical and esthetic treatments.
- Describe recommendations for home care including beneficial ingredients.
Microcurrent & LED (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Restate the indications and contraindications for microcurrent and LED.
- Describe waveforms and energy of microcurrent.
- Recognize the various wavelengths of LED and their indications.
- Illustrate how microcurrent and LED could be incorporated into treatments.
Chemical Exfoliation Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Explain the differences between various acids used for exfoliation: AHAs, BHA, TCA, Jessner’s.
- Identify the importance of percentages and pH regarding chemical peel strength.
- Practice pre and post- treatment protocols for safety and results.
- Describe a general protocol for a chemical exfoliation treatment.
Microneedling Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Identify various devices used for microneedling.
- Describe the wound healing process and factors affecting results.
- Define the differences between cosmetic, medical, and surgical needling.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for microneedling.
Introduction to Laser & Light Therapy (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Understand light and the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Describe the differences between Laser and IPL.
- Recognize the various types of lasers and what they treat.
- Review general safety protocols including contraindications.
Trending in Aesthetics (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Discuss treatments and ingredients that are trending in the aesthetic industry.
- Demonstrate how to handle client inquires with the “top trends”.
- Recognize treatments that are in the esthetic scope of practice.
- Manage how to research new, up-coming products.
Eye Conditions Exposed (2 Hours) 2 CEs
- Understand the unique properties of the skin around the eyes.
- Define conditions that affect the eye area such as dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles.
- Discuss treatments and ingredients to help prevent and/or correct various eye area concerns.
- Recognize lesions surrounding the eye to know when to treat or when to refer to a medical professional.
Triple A: Acne, Aging, Vitamin A (2 hours) 5 CEs
- Understand acne, aging, and the use of vitamin A for these conditions as well as others.
- Identify various forms of vitamin A and how they work on the skin.
- Explain causes, triggers, and treatments for both acne and aging.
- Apply knowledge of vitamin A and other treatments to deliver effective results for acne and aging skin.
Treating Skin Youthful to Mature (2 hours) 5 CEs
- Recognize the common skin concerns for various age groups from youthful to mature.
- Understand the physiological differences between youthful and mature skin.
- Describe what happens to the skin during the aging process and preventative measures to keep the skin looking youthful.
- Design treatments according to age, health, and skin concerns.