Concepts Institute of Advanced Esthetics
Para-Medical Esthetics Online Program – 10 CEs – Click here
- Recognize the different conditions and many different skin disorders.
- Interpret basic medical terminology.
- Educate patients in both medical and clinical esthetics treatments.
- Apply your new knowledge of medical esthetics in a medical spa or plastic surgeons office.
Cosmetic Ingredient Knowledge – 6 CEs – Click here
- Interpret the different cosmetic skin care ingredients.
- Describe the different skin care ingredients function on the skin.
- Classify skin care ingredients into sub categories.
- Recognize skin types and conditions.
Anatomy of A Facial – 1 CE – Click here
- Describe the different parts of a basic facial.
- Recognize basic skin types.
- Apply different professional skin care products to the skin.
- Demonstrate the basic facial treatment.
*All classes listed below are a combination of in-person and online class using Zoom.
Chemical Peels: Lactic, Glycolic, Jessner’s and Salicylic Acid Peels – 5 CEs – Click here
- Analyze the skin and access the need for a chemical peel
- Compare different chemical peels and their effects on the skin
- Choose the correct peel for the skin type and condition
- Design a program for your client using peels
Treatment of Hyperpigmentation – 5 CEs – Click here
- Identify the different types of hyper-pigmentation and their causes
- Select the best skin care procedure for the individual’s skin condition
- Choose the appropriate home care for the client
- Create an on- going in clinic skin care program for the client
Diamond Microdermabrasion – 5 CEs – Click here
- Discuss the integumentary system and the effects the diamond microdermabrasion and ultrasonic machine have on it.
- Compare the diamond micro dermabrasion to similar modalities and understand the similarities and differences.
- Assess different skin types/conditions and the benefits of micro- dermabrasion for the condition.
- Create a treatment plan for your client utilizing the Diamond micro- derm and ultrasound.
Manual Facial Lymphatic Drainage Massage – 5 CEs – Click here
- Identify the causes of edema
- Create a plan to help minimize lymph edema in the tissue
- Discuss the intricacies of the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Integrate this massage into your skin care treatment
LED/Light Therapy – 5 CEs – Click here
- Treat different skin types and conditions with light therapy
- Compare the different LED models and nanometers used to treat the skin
- Create a protocol for different skin conditions utilizing light therapy
- Integrate light therapy into many of your skin care treatments
Galvanic, HF, Ultrasonic – 5 CEs – Click here
- Use each of these machines safely and effectively
- Analyze the client’s skin type and condition and need for treatment
- Design and implement effective procedure protocols
- Set up post procedure protocols and home care programs
Micro current /Antiaging – 5 CEs – Click here
- Analysis the mature skin type
- Recognize the characteristics of mature skin and understand hot to treat it
- Classify the different Rubin’s and Fitzpatrick categories.
- Integrate microcurrent and other modalities in antiaging treatments.
Integumentary System/Advanced Skin Analysis – 5 CEs – Click here
- Differentiate between different skin types and conditions
- Select the appropriate skin care products and ingredients for different skin types and conditions
- Identify different skin lesions
- Examine how skin care modalities can be used in the treatment
- Create the most effective skin care treatment protocols for each client
Understanding and Treating Acne – 5 CEs – Click here
- Differentiate between skin types and conditions
- Categorize the grades of acne
- Choose the correct skin care products and machines for this skin condition
- Evaluate which clients need to be referred to a physician for medical care
- Set up and manage on-going in -clinic acne treatment protocols
Body Sculpting Class – 5 CEs – Click here
- Differentiate between the three body types
- Define what carbohydrates, proteins and fats are and what they do for the body
- Discuss with your client the benefits of macro and micro nutrients
- Explain how different types of exercise benefits the body
- Demonstrate how to use the radio frequency, light therapy and ultrasonic cavitation safely and correctly