INTRO TO COSMETIC CHEMISTRY AND INGREDIENT CLASSIFICATIONS 3 CEs
· Explain physiology of the skin and parameters for product permeation and effectiveness.
· Recognize delivery pathways, and various ingredients categories.
· Idenfity molecular weights of products, product absorption, and irritant potential.
· Apply iontophoresis and identify ingredients suitable for iontophoresis.
UNDERSTANDING THE MELANOGENIC MAZE 3 CEs
· Explain origins of human pigment and genetics
· Identify the biological pathways of how melanin develops
· Describer skin diseases that present hyperpigmentation
· Design various treatments for melasma and hyperpigmentation
PHYSIOLOGY OF SKIN DISEASES & DISORDERS 3 CEs
· Identify the most common skin anomalies and skin diseases that may present in the esthetic clinic.
· Recognize the presentation and etiology of acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, health mediated skin disorders, pigmentation abnormalities, moles, hyperplasias and the stages of skin cancer.
· Become more familiar with skin disorders influenced by the environment.
· Recognize the mechanisms of inflammation and its role in skin disease.
PHARMACOLOGY PRIMER FOR ESTHETICIANS 3 CEs
· Review physiology of medications and their interaction with the skin.
· Distinguish potential medication interactions when used in combination with advanced esthetics services – laser, light-based therapy, chemical peels, etc.
· Learn how to research and notate important data for reference on medications that your client may using, and what are the most commonly prescribed medications.
· Understand the importance of safety practices and the necessity for the client intake form and informed consent when clients are using OTC medications, prescription medications, herbs and supplements.
AROMATHERAPY & AROMATIC CHEMISTRY 3 CEs
· Review skin physiology and the interaction with essential oils.
· Explore the complexities of essential oils distillation and quality evaluation methods
· Integrate essential oils in various applications the esthetic treatment room.
· Understand the importance of essential oils safety practices and how to care for the storage of essential oils.
SEEING RED - UNDERSTANDING ROSACEA & SKIN SENSITIVITY 3 CEs
· Review the origins of rosacea and inflammatory skin reactions.
· Classify the hallmarks of the various stages of rosacea
· Explore the relationship between lymphatics and rosacea
· Gain insight into rosacea and sensitive skin “triggers”
· Specify approaches and treatments for the management of rosacea
SKIN IMMUNITY & LYMPHATICS 3 CEs
· Review physiology and anatomy of the lymphatic system and its activities.
· Discuss lymphatic drainage and how it may benefit health and skin.
· Identify causes of lymphatic stagnation and its implications on the body and skin.
· Explore indications and contraindications for manual and machine assisted lymphatic drainage.
THE REJUVENATION FACTOR- FACIAL MORPHOLOGY & PERSPECTIVE IN AGE MANAGEMENT 3 CEs
· Understand with physiological and cellular factors involving aging of the skin.
· Gain insight into the environmental and metabolic influences that contribute to skin aging.
· Identify physiological alterations and morphological changes of facial anatomy.
· Integrate treatments, product ingredients and equipment that identify as contemporary approaches for the concept of anti-aging in esthetics.
THERMOREGLUATION OF THE SKIN AND ESTHETIC MODALITIES 3 CEs
· Explore the concept and science behind of thermoregulation.
· Understand how internal and external temperature mechanisms may impact the PH and other important biological mechanisms of the skin and body.
· Gain insight into how cold stimulus, hydrotherapy and the use of various water temperatures and alternating stimulus are beneficial to the skin.
· Gain insight into how esthetic devices may be incorporated into esthetic treatments.
TWO-DAY CLASSES – ALL ONLINE
CAMOUFLAGE ARTS & APPEARANCE RECOVERY 10 CEs
· Gain insight into the importance of image rehabilitation and camouflage makeup for clients with facial disfigurements, birth defects, scars, burns and facial flaws.
· Learn how to choose and apply specific camouflage makeup products for facial anomalies and discolorations.
· Learn how to select and choose colors to match skin tones and apply the various application techniques for correction.
· Learn how to assemble the proper tools and materials to build a professional kit
· Gain insight into how to include this service into your practice and market your services to physicians’ offices.
INTEGRATIVE ESTHETICS TECHNIQUES & SCIENCES 10 CEs
· Become familiar with the fundamental philosophies of natural healing and how these philosophies may relate to esthetics.
· Understand the important aspects of the holistic philosophy and its approach when utilized in esthetics for non-invasive techniques in esthetic applications.
· Become familiar with and describe the functions of lymph in the body and how it relates to esthetics.
· Become familiar with and describe the use and application of LED Light Emitting Diode.
· Become familiar with, describe, and apply the practical use of aromatherapy, essential oils, Gua Sha, silicone cupping and jade rolling tools.
ADVANCED PROCEDURAL SKIN ANALYSIS & DEVICE INTEGRATION 10 CEs
· Become more familiar with the various global methods for assessing the skin, and how to determine a systematic approach to skin assessment through the use of forms, graphs and various assessment tools.
· Gain greater insight into the many assessment considerations necessary for devising a systematic approach.
· Become more familiar with the range of assessment tools, devices and systems used for a mores scientific approach to esthetic skin assessment.
· Understand the importance of the client card, documentation, and how to conduct client case studies for monitoring progress of treatments.
· Become more familiar with scientific study of skin aging topics: glycation, barrier function of the skin and mitochondrial aging.
· Become familiar with basic techniques in photography to take before and after pictures of your esthetic work in progress.