Institute of Advanced Aesthetics and Health Sciences
CAUSES OF CUTANEOUS DISEASES AND DISORDERS
MODULE 1 Section 1
Epidermal Function (Online class, article & test) – Click here
1.Understand the importance of the skin barrier and function of the stratum corneum.
2. Explain desquamation and the role of corneocytes.
3. Discuss the importance of the lipid structure with skin disease.
4. Describe the role of ceramides and filaggrin in the skin.
5. Identify methods to improve skin barrier function.
MODULE 1 Section 2 *Prerequisite: Module 1
Immunity and Disease (Online class, article & test) – Click here
1.Describe internal factors to skin disease.
2. Identify ways to improve skin immunity.
3. Discuss therapies to improve the function of the immune system.
4. Describe the effects of zinc on immune health.